SANE Training is provided by the Gwinnett Sexual Assault
Center & Children's Advocacy Center (GSAC-CAC) a
non-profit coalition of sexual assault agencies and concerned
individuals that share
the common goal of ending sexual assault.
This program is designed
for nurses interested in providing forensic medical assessment
and care to survivors of sexual assault. The 40-hour
course is designed to provide registered nurses with
a comprehensive education program consisting of:
- Collection of forensic evidence
- Evaluation of sexual assault victims
- Testifying in court
- Role of the SANE nurse and other members
of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART).
- Emotional and social response to sexual
- Georgia laws and law enforcement procedures
- Forensic evidence collection
- Expert witness testimony
- Crisis intervention
- Photography and follow-up services
will be discussed
- Participants will take part in a mock
trial to develop expert witness skills
The didactic curriculum is followed up with 40 hours of clinical preceptorship
over a six month period within the SANE’s community at the SANE’s
For more information on the curriculum
Sexual Assault Center & Children's Advocacy Center (GSAC-CAC).
- Current Georgia R.N. license, plus
2 years of nursing experience.
- Proof of liability insurance
- Criminal Background check
- Signed contract agreeing to take call
and do forensic exams for 2 years at nurses convenience.
- Interview with Rape Crisis Director
and SANE Coordinator
Signed Forms of Agreement from each of the following:
- Rape Crisis Center Director
- District Attorney of the Judicial District
or designated representative Law Enforcement
- Medical Community(medical Director
- S.A.R.T.- Judicial District Protocol
The registration for the 40-hour, 5-day, Basic SANE Course is $200. for RNs from Chatham, Bryan, Effingham and Liberty counties.
All other Georgia RNs $400.
Out of state RNs, PAs and MDs $500.
Manuals and lunch are included in the fee.
The next SANE Training will be announced soon. For information contact Rape Crisis at 233-3000 or email the RCC more information.
Call Rape Crisis at 912-233-3000 for an application.
If you are interested in applying for the SANE program
we will facilitate your application by securing your
background check and all agreement signatures.
for more information about the SANE Program.